Name:
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

I believe in the purity, the simplicity of stripping yourself of everything you are, just to attain, or don the role of someone else... it takes a lot to do that, and STILL retain a bit of your own individuality. thats the mark of a great actor.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

All-My-Tea-titilations!...

I've been a jumper. Moving from here to there..absorbing ideas..letting out my own (in short, sometimes unseen bursts)...and gently skipping away to a new one. Rukawat Ke Liye Khed Hain, a play that I acted in last year, earned a few words of praise, but then kinda dissolved into oblivion for a while, as everyone of those 10 actors got busy with other things...Me, Amol, Saha, got engulfed in the Musical Extravaganza that was Chugaddham. And yet...now, after so many months...Thespo beckons, yet again. Things somehow always seem to fall in place. I tried applying for the Film Institute's Screenplay Writing course again. Faltered at the last step...Apparently I've worked on screenplays, and not LEARNT about how to work on them...that is reason enough to keep me out of a "Course"...fair enough...I used the wrong means to 'hitch my wagon'...i agree...but...all things happen for a reason.

We managed to scrape in our 1st official sponsored paid..(away from the youth festival that we premiered at)...show of Confessions, on Oct 24, at the NGMA, Kalaghoda, and we realised how even battered old souls who come to watch good theatre can get entertained by classy performances, and not get put off by the gory nature of the script in itself.

And now...on to All My Tea's latest venture.....woohoohooo...Duck Tales......Quack....don't expect what your mind jumps to when you first hear the title...it might be something you have been thinking about for a very long time...but it might not be the exact thing that first struck you when you heard it.

As for me...I'm out of comfort zone again...need to focus on my character...need to get the traits out...all simple things enough for any regular actor....but...I guess I tend to lose focus...as i Said earlier in the post, Jumping gets me exhausted...have to land on my feet, or my ass will hurt real badd!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home