Name:
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

I believe in the purity, the simplicity of stripping yourself of everything you are, just to attain, or don the role of someone else... it takes a lot to do that, and STILL retain a bit of your own individuality. thats the mark of a great actor.

Monday, August 03, 2009

Emptiness thy name is Misery

It's bound to happen...it happens everytime...you'll find something new to do....forget about it....it'll happen again soon....get over it....you're boring....you should be relieved....you can WORK now....you can earn now...you SHOULD stop all this....you BETTER stop all this now...not one more show....please, not one more play....the same play?....are you crazy?....when can we come and watch?

Wierd how the lines flowed above. But these are the thoughts that revolved around my head, over the last two days, some made vocal by lots of people, some just inside my head, being echoed inside the emptiness that is the brain...( i knew i should have had more brainfood when i was a kid)...

To the unbeknownst...the ignorant...Chugaddham Sym-phoney, and Off-beat Musical, directed by Chandan Roy Sanyal, happened last thursday, friday, at Sathye College Audi, in Vile Parle (e)...Yours truly, has been part of this maverick, madcap production, based on a Bertolt Brecht play, for the past 6 months...and...after 7 months of rehearsals...singing...voice exercises...insane travelling from home to juhu...3 different rehearsal spots...change of character...improving hindi diction...learning the ropes as an actor...unlearning all that I'd learnt as an actor...and apart from that....trying to keep parents happy, with the usual: it's alright, i'll take up a job, once this play gets a few shows down.

Just 2 shows down, and, I already feel empty...its gnawing at me...i wake up in the middle of the night, and i see my fellas around me, waiting for me to get out of the box, which i always took insane amount of time for, (thanks to my perfect figure, of course).

Its mad...it was a caper that I'm proud that I took part in...it'll come back, of course...just can't wait...i better end it here, or i might start singing one of the songs, nnd save it as an audio file here, for all of you to listen...not without the rest of them, though..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home